Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, located off the eastern coast of Africa. It lies about 500 miles east of Madagascar. Mauritius has an economy based on financial service, tourism, and agriculture.
Mauritius is ranked among the top international finance centres in the world. Its legal system derives from both French civil law and English common law. Mauritius has the Privy Council in the United Kingdom as its ultimate Court of Appeal.
Please fill in our form and one of our consultants will get back to you as soon as possible.
Mauritius offers two main forms of business licences to international investors; one is called Global Business License Company (GBC) and the other is Authorised Company (AC).
Companies incorporated in Mauritius for the purpose of doing business internationally are designated Mauritius Authorised Companies (AC). In contrast, a GBC license holder is required to carry out its operations in or from Mauritius through the employment of qualified staff.
Most of our clients choose to incorporate AC firms.
TYPES OF LICENSES:
A Mauritius company can operate under these types of licenses:
Documents required to Start a Company in Mauritius
The following are required for every directors, officers and shareholder:
- Thorough business plan with 3-year financial forecasts for GBC and a brief business plan for an AC.
- Notarised copy of the passport of the company directors, officers, and shareholders.
- An original proof of residence showing the name and address of the company directors, officers, and shareholders. A utility bill or bank statement which includes a name and address is the most common type of document provided by clients. This document must be current and have been issued in the last 90 days.
- An original letter of introduction is required. This letter must be from a bank.
- If the shareholder is another company, then notarised / attested versions of those documents will be required.
- Application forms
Timeframe for Setting Up a Company in Mauritius
AC firms are incorporated usually in one week. GBC firms can take up to two weeks. Speak to us for a more precise timeline based upon your company.